ETA: Updated recipe now found HERE
Makes 6 small pancakes
135g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 large egg, beaten
2 tbsp butter, melted and allowed to cool
– Sift the dry ingredients into a large bowl.
– In a jug measure out the milk needed then add the egg and whisk together. Then add the melted butter and mix again.
– Add the contents of the jug to the bowl and thoroughly beat together until you have a smooth batter and all lumps are removed.
– Let the mixture stand for a few minutes.
– Heat a nonstick frying pan and lightly grease it with a little butter.
– Carefully ladle the batter onto the pan and wait until you see bubbles all over the pancake before flipping it using a spatula. Cook until golden on both sides.
– Place your cooked pancakes on a warm plate covered in a teatowel to keep the warm until you’re ready to eat them.
– Enjoy with blueberry conserve and squirty cream or maple syrup and squirty cream or even just with butter.