240g bag jumbo king prawns
~ 24 bay leaves (same number as prawns)
2 tbsp fresh thyme
2 tbsp ground garlic
2 tbsp olive oil
– Defrost the prawns thoroughly and blot dry.
– Put the prawns in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
– Add the thyme, and garlic and stir until coated.
– Thread the prawns onto skewers (if using bamboo make sure to soak in water first) alternating with a bay leaf. (From my pack of prawns that was 7 prawns per skewer with 2 spares for 3 people.)
– Cook on a griddle or bbq for 4-5 mins until the bay is charred and the prawns heated through.
– Serve with lemon wedges to drizzle over.