Makes enough for 4
1 onion, chopped
300g risotto rice
100ml white wine
400g can chopped tomatoes
2 red peppers, chopped
500ml vegetable stock
a handful of fresh parsley, chopped
– Heat the oven to gas mark 6.
– Fry the onion in a little oil in a large, ovenproof pan until softened.
– Add the rice and fry for 1 minute.
– Add the wine an stir until absorbed.
– Add the tomatoes, peppers and 400ml of the stock.
– Cover and bake for 40 minutes in the oven.
– Take out of the oven and stir in the parsley. Serve with grated parmesan and creme fraiche.
For a more varied dish add other vegetables like mushrooms or meat like cooked chicken or smoked sausage. It’s a great throw it all in one pan dish and you can add just about anything you like to it.