I love this curry. It’s a bit more fiddly on the preparation than most things I do as you have to do the ginger, garlic and chillies along with chopping everything else but it’s worth it. It’s a lovely curry and because of the coconut it still retains its mildness even if you pump up the chilli.
1 large onion
2 chillies (red are nice as they add colour)
2 cloves garlic crushed
2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
2 tsp curry powder
4 chicken breasts
400ml can of coconut milk
– Finely chop the onion and chillies.
– Add the onion, chillies, garlic and ginger to a pan with olive oil and sweat over a low heat for a few minutes with a little salt.
– Add the curry powder and stir for a few minutes.
– Slice the chicken breasts into bite sized pieces and add to the mixture. Cook until very lightly browned.
– Add to coconut milk and sliced courgette. Simmer on a low heat for about 20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Add seasoning if necessary.
– Scatter with chopped corriander and serve with basmati rice.
Variation – I also add baby sweetcorn along with the courgette sometimes to bring in another colour and vegetable.